Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4643 times
Nombu adai is traditional sweet pancake or dosa recipe which is staple during festivals in southern states of india. The rice flour and jaggery based batter is spread on a pan and enjoy crispy hot with coconut or cashew nuts filling of choice.
- Dry roast the rice flour in a pan till it turns golden pink.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Put 2 cups of water in a kadhai and add the jaggery, mix well and boil till the jaggery is dissolved.
- Strain and add the cooked rice flour, elachi powder, salt and grated coconut to the water, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes, while stirring continuously, so that no lumps are formed and till all the liquid has dried up.
- Grease the idli moulds with little oil and keep aside.
- Divide the mixture into equal sized balls and flatten it out, make a hole in the centre and place in the greased idli moulds.
- Steam in an idli steamer for 10-15 minutes or till cooked.
- Serve hot with ghee or butter on it.
This recipe was contributed by pearlie on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.