Nimona, Potatoes and Green Pea Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 87 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58724 times
The cuisine of any region is incomplete unless it includes a homemakers contribution. Nimona is one such example from Lucknow, the capital of Avadh.
A strictly home-fare dish, this delectable preparation is made with green peas purée with tomato pulp to make a dal like curry.
Serve with rotis and rice .
- Purée the green peas in a blender using 2 tbsp of water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds, onions, bayleaf and cardamom and sauté over a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic paste and ginger paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green pea purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||173.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.