Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3650 times
A crispy, crunchy cookie recipe, Newzeland biscuits can be easily prepared at home and served as tea time snacks. The biscuits are baked from a mixture comprising of rolled oats, all purpose flour, desiccated coconut and castor sugar.
- Grease 2 baking trays and ser
- Put the syrup,butter,and caster sugar into a pan and
- Melt it over low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat
- And stir in the dry ingredients.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of
- Soda in a bowl into one table
- Spoon of hot water.
- Add to the other ingredients
- And leave to cool,for a few
- Divide into 30 portions,roll
- Into balls and place on the
- Baking trays,leaving enough
- Room between each of them.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven
- 335(f)gas mark-3 for about
- 20minutes until the biscuits
- Are golden brown.
- Take them out of oven and cool
- On a wire tray.
This recipe was contributed by rajivenkatesan on 04 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.