New Year Eight Treasure Rice Pudding
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5811 times
A well decorated, celebration special dessert item, New year eight treasure rice pudding is made from rice layered with mixed nuts, fruits and sweet red bean paste. The pudding is inverted and served chilled with sugar syrup as topping and crushed nuts as garnish.
Add your private note
New Year Eight Treasure Rice Pudding recipe - How to make New Year Eight Treasure Rice Pudding
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 25 minutes
- Place rice in sausepan,add water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and cook,covered for 10-15 min.add sugar and about half of the lard to rice and mix well.
- Apply the remaining lard to the inside of a basin and cover the bottom and sides with a thin layer of rice mixture.
- Gently press into the rice the fruit and nuts attractively arranged in neat rows.
- Fill center with red bean paste and cover with remaing rice.
- Press gently to flatten the top.cover with waxed paper or aluminium foil.
- Steam pudding for 1 hr.
- Just few minutes before serving,make syrup by dissolving the sugar in boiling water and thickening with the cornstarch paste over low heat.
- Invert the pudding onto a warmed plate.pour the syrup over and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by ratnamadhuri on 03 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.