Neer Dosa ( How To Make Neer Dosa )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 88 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 215268 times
A dish made out of rice, unique to the region of dakshin kannada and udipi district. The word 'neer' means water. The dish is named so as the batter is wattery. Serve with chutney or sambhar or for a change with jaggery mixed with grated coconut.
- Soak the rice in water for at least 2 hours. Then drain and wash it.
- Add water and grind to make a very fine batter.
- Add salt and more water if necessary to make a thin batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a small non-stick tava and sprinkle a little water on it. It should steam immediately. Wipe hard with a slice of onion or potato.
- Grease the tava with a little ghee and pour a ladleful of batter from a little height so that you get plenty of holes. Do not try to spread the batter with a spoon.
- Cook the dosa on one side only taking care to see that it does not brown. Fold it twice to make a quarter circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more dosas. Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.