Nawabi Curry, Mughlai Nawabi Curry, Quick Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 522 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28650 times
A valuable treasure handed down from the Mughal dynasty, this traditional Nawabi Curry is a rich delight, perfect to serve at parties.
Sinfully luxurious, this curry features a creamy base of cashewnuts, almonds, coconut and khus-khus, and is sure to make your guests feel very important! Serve hot with Puris , fresh out of the frying Pan or Parathas , off the Tava .
- Combine the tomatoes and 1½ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Allow the mixture to cool completely,
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai, add the prepared paste and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk and tomato mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed vegetables, sweet corn, sugar, fresh cream and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 231 kcal|
|Protein|| 4.8 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 13.1 gm|
|Fat|| 17.5 gm|
|Fibre|| 4.1 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 683.6 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 23.1 mg|
|Calcium|| 144.7 mg|
|Iron|| 1.8 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 30.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.