by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33998 times
Truly, a curry with very royal taste. The key to making this curry perfectly lies in frying the paste patiently on a medium flame while stirring continuously till the mixture leaves oil.
- Grind to a smooth paste adding a little water. Keep aside.
- Add 1½ cups of water to the tomatoes and boil for 10 to 12 minutes. When soft, cool and prepare a purée by blending in a blender and straining the mixture through a sieve. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the ground paste for 4 to 5 minutes, till it starts leaving oil from the sides.
- Add the tomato purée, sugar and salt.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add a little milk (approximately 1 tablespoon), rub in until the saffron dissolves and add to the curry.
- Add the boiled vegetables and bring it to a boil. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||501.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||23.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||23.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.