Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5753 times
Navratna paratha offers an awesome blend of nine different vegetables cooked together with indian spice powders, chillies, unripe mangoes and coriander leaves used as a delectable stuffing for the delicious navratan parathas. Enjoy the paratha with curd or mint chutney.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai , add the cumin seeds,green chillies and onions, mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add the cauliflower , capsicum and beans, mix well and saute for another min.
- Add the carrots and cabbage, mix well and cook till the vegetables are soft.
- Add the garam masala and salt, mix well and cook for 2 min.
- Remove from the flame, add the mango and coriander and mix well.
- Cool and divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing at the centre and bring the edges together at the centre to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6” diameter, using little whole wheat flour.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the steps to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot with chutney or tea.
This recipe was contributed by sanskruti18 on 29 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.