Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 11212 times
To avoid the heavy makhni dal because of the cream, this dal gives excellent taste, better than makhni dal. One can also avoid desi ghee and go for oil.
- Soak the dals for five hours, drain and pressure cook along with salt and adequate water for 6-7 whistles on a slow flame.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and garlic and saute till the onions are pink.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till soft and ghee start leaving the sides.
- Add deghi mirch and coriander powder, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal and mix well.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by neetumamtani on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.