by Geetha venkatesan
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15079 times
Navadhanya idlis is truly an innovative idli recipe prepared from a healthy batter comprising of rice, lentils, wheat flour sesame seeds, til oil and seasonings. The idlis are browinsh in color and best paired with coconut chutney.
- Heat a tava and dry roast the wheat till golden brown. Keep aside.
- In the same tava, roast the rice, toovar, moong, chana, sesame seeds and vaal separately and keep aside to cool.
- Combine all the roasted ingredients along with turmeric powder and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder.
- Transfer in a bowl , add the sesame oil and enough water to make a thick batter and keep aside.
- Blend the soaked urad in a mixer till smooth and fluffy and add to the coarse powder and mix well.
- Add the salt, mix well and keep aside for four hours for fermenting.
- Grease the idli moulds and pour a spoonful of batter in moulds and steam in an idli steamer for 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Geetha venkatesan on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.