Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4361 times
Nasi lemak tastes even better when eaten with chicken curry or fish curry.
- In a deep non stick pan, add raw rice with sufficient water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the coconut milk, mix well and simmer till the rice is cooked.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the lemon grass and red chillies, mix well and cook on a slow flame till the rice is completely cooked.
- Keep aside.
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a pan, add the onions and tomatoes and saute till onions turn golden brown.
- Cool and blend the fried onions and tomatoes along with the almonds, cashewnuts and a little water in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a pan, add the paneer and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Add the paneer to the paste, mix well and simmer till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add some water and the palak leaves, turmeric, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Keep aside.
- Place the rice in a glass bowl and press firmly.
- Now invert the glass bowl over, taking care that it is in the centre of the plate.
- Now place a fresh strand of lemon grass on the rice and serve with the side dish.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by apoorva23 on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.