Nariyal Ki Meethi Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26173 times
Nariyal ki meethi roti is a variation of the evergreen delight puran poli, made with wheat flour and a slightly modified stuffing. Adding a little salt to the dough helps to enhance the sweetness of the stuffing. You can vary the amounts of nutmeg and sugar as per your taste.
- Combine the flour, ghee and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Knead into a soft dough using enough water and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the coconut and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the sugar, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Knead the dough and divide it into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a175 mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Place a roti on a flat, dry surface, spread a portion of the prepared stuffing on half of the roti and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, using a little ghee, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.