Nariyal Chane Ke Parathe, Protein Rich Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21113 times
Nariyal chane ke parathe, not one, but both ingredients are rich sources of proteins! What more do I need to say about this recipe! Seemingly common spices come together in the right proportions to add zing and zest to this recipe, totally transforming the otherwise bland base ingredients like chick peas and coconuts.
Overcooked chick peas are better to use as a stuffing in this recipe these parathas make a complete protein meal when served with a bowl of curds, surely what a growing foetus requires.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough, adding enough water. Cover with a muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Knead again using oil till smooth and divide the dough into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the coconut and sauté on a medium flame for a few minutes till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, chaat masala, kabuli chana and salt and coriander and sauté on a medium flame for a few minutes.
- Mash a little using the back of spoon and keep aside to cool.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll out each into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 125 mm. (5”) diameter with the help of a little flour.
- Cook on a hot tava (griddle), using ½ tsp of oil till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 more parathas.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.