Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4265 times
Nargis puri is an unique recipe of stuffing mashed boiled eggs and spice mixture into wheat flour dough balls. These egg stuffed nargis puris are then rolled into small rounds and deep fried to a crispy , spicy finish. Serve nargis puri with curd or chutney.
- Knead together mashed eggs, potatoes, coriander leaves, chili and 1 tsp salt and divide into 8 portions.
- Sieve flour and 1 tsp salt, rub 2 tbsps ghee or oil and mix well for 10 mins.
- Slowly add warm water and knead into a soft dough and divide into 8 equal balls.
- Roll out each ball a little and place one portion of the egg mixture in the center of each round.
- Fold it over and pinch the ends and now roll out each ball into 4" round puri (do not make it too thin or the stuffing will come out).
- Heat oil in a frying pan, deep fry one puri at a time until the colour turns golden.
- Serve hot with plain curds.
This recipe was contributed by twesha on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.