Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4483 times
This is a sweet rice preparation from straight from the lands of maharashtra!
- Clean, wash and soak the rice in enough water.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add cloves and rice and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of warm water, mix well and cook till the rice is half cooked.
- Add the coconut and mix gently, without breaking the rice.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder, salt and lime juice and mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the saffron, mix well and cover and cook till the rice is completely cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with almonds.
This recipe was contributed by zitan on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.