Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31952 times
Relish mathri or indian savory crackers(fried flaky biscuits) with pickle or chutneys. Discover how to prepare mathris with our easy and quick punjabi mathri recipe.
- Sieve the flour, salt and crushed peppercorns in a bowl, add 2 tbsp melted ghee and rub between your palms until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add just enough water to the flour mixture and knead into a hard dough.
- Keep aside covered with a damp muslin cloth for at least half an hour.
- Divide the dough into small equal balls and roll out all the balls to make small thick puris of 3" diameter.
- Prick them all over using a fork and place a whole peppercorn at the centre.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and deep fry the mathris till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cool and store in air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by sandhyan on 04 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.