by Palak Rajput
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7844 times
Nadru Goolar, it is kebab made up of lotus steam and stuffed with figs.
- Grind the lotus stem in to smooth puree. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the asafoedita, and half the quantity of finely chopped ginger and green chillies. Mix well and saute for a minute on a medium flame.
- Add the lotus stem puree, saffron, chilli powder, dried ginger powder, fennel powder and salt and mix well. Cook on a medium flame till the mixture becomes dry.
- Add the besan, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Divide into equal portion and keep aside.
- Soak the figs in water till they become soft and fluffy, chop the figs.
- Combine the figs, remaining ginger and green chilies, salt and lemon juice in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the stuffing into equal portion and keep aside.
- Take a portion of the lotus stem mixture, spread it little wide add the one portion of the stuffing, seal and roll it into round shape and flatten it little.
- Heat the ghee in deep non-stick pan and shallow fry the kebabs till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Follow the same procedure for the remaining mixture and stuffing.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 27 Jan 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.