Nacho Stir-fry ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10574 times
A grand favourite with everyone, these chips can be conveniently made in advance and had with salsa… or you can go for quick stir-fry nachos like this. Since cheesy nachos are a no-no for diabetics, I have added value to the nachos by stir-frying with nutritious vegetables.
You will no longer crave for those high-cal cheesy delights once you have tasted this… however, remember that even these cannot be had regularly, but only as an occasional treat!
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn translucent, while stirring continuously.
- Add the capsicum and cabbage, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the baked beans and tomato salsa, mix well and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add the mozzarella cheese, milk, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to boil, stirring once in between. Keep aside.
- Place the tortilla chips in a large serving plate and spread the prepared stir-fry evenly over it.
- Serve immediately garnished with the spring onions.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.