Nachni Paneer Pancake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 179 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38192 times
Calcium is a nutrient that is required by people of all age groups, for healthy growth and maintenance of bones and teeth. Here is how you can get a tasty calcium-boost from a surprise ingredient – nachni. A millet that is not consumed frequently by most of us, nachni or ragi is one of the greatest sources of calcium.
When prepared into a unique and delicious pancake, along with other ingredients like calcium-rich paneer, aromatic sesame seeds, flavourful onions and protein-rich besan, it turns out into a really tasty and useful treat.
Serve these pancakes immediately on preparation, along with peppy green chutney. Every single member of your family will enjoy – and benefit from this treat.
- Combine all the ingredients with approx. 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to form 125 mm. (5”) diameter thick circle.
- Cook it, using ¼ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 8 more pancakes.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.