by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 232 times
Nimki is an all-time favourite Bengali jar snack, just perfect to have with a cup of steaming hot tea.
Here is an equally tasty but healthier version of the traditional snack, made with whole wheat flour and nachni flour. We have used a dash of garlic and green chillies to perk up the crunchy snack, but you can go for any other seasonings of your choice.
In fact, you can go the extra mile and incorporate leafy veggies into the dough to make it even more nutritious. Together with delicious dips, the Nachni Nimki makes a yummy evening snack.
Enjoy how to make Nachni Nimki recipe with detailed step by step photos.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and knead into a firm dough, using enough warm water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a thin round circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Cut the circle into 8 equal size long strips and keep aside.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to get 32 strips in all.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the strips, a few at a time, on hot tava (griddle), while pressing them using folded muslin cloth or khakhra press, till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Cool completely and serve or store in an air-tight container
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.