Nachni Methi Muthias ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28252 times
Not one, but three nourishing flours! not one, but two nourishing greens. Really, nutrition and taste come as a package deal in this delectable snack. While the usual spices like ginger, green chillies and garlic feature in this recipe too, the highlight is the sesame seeds, which impart an interesting crunch to the muthias. Keep the muthias a little far away from each other in the microwave, or else they will stick to each other!
- Combine the flours, ½ cup of fenugreek leaves, spinach, garlic paste, ginger-green chilli paste, sugar, turmeric powder, curds, salt and soda-bi-carb in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using 1¾ cups of water. Keep aside.
- Grease your hands with ¼ tsp of oil, divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) cylindrical roll.
- Grease a microwave safe dish with ¼ tsp of oil, place 4 rolls at an even distance, cover with a wet muslin cloth and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Repeat step 3 twice to get 8 more rolls.
- Cool slightly and cut each roll into 12 mm. (½”) slices and keep aside.
- For the tempering, add the remaining 2 tsp of oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add the mustard seeds and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the muthia pieces, toss well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per piece
|Vitamin A||101.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.