Nachni Khichu ( Non- Fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17675 times
Nachni khichu, a versatile ingredient, 'nachni' is rich in protein, fibre, iron and calcium. Try this nachni-based nutritious variation of the famous gujarati snack - khichu. It is unusual in taste but very nutritious, so make sure you try it at least once. This healthy snack is a good way to keep yourself away from calorie laden snacks like samosa, vadas etc.
- Put curds-water mixture in a deep non-stick pan, add the salt, cumin seeds, chilli powder, asafoetida, soda bi-carb and green chillies, mix well and boil on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the red millet flour and mix well, while stirring continuously with a wooden spoon so that no lumps remain.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for another 8 to 10 minutes or till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, stirring once in between.
- Add the coriander, mix well and divide it into 4 equal portions.
- Drizzle ½ tsp of oil on each portion. Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||157.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
|Folic Acid||13.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.