Naan By sonaprem
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5315 times
An Easy Indian flat bread, naan recipe which can be prepared by your own hands at home. A simple and delicious naan recipe with dough prepared from maida flour(refined wheat flour), curd, milk, salt and soda. The naan taste superb , when smeared with butter or ghee and served with paneer makhani or any chicken gravy dish.
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda. knead into a soft, smooth dough using as much yoghurt as required.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm, draught-free place, till double in volume. if in a hurry, place the container in a larger container of hot water. the time taken for the dough to rise varies according to the weather - about 3 hours in summer and 7 hours in winter.
- Punch the dough and leave to rise again. this time it will take much less time.
- Break the dough into pieces of desirable size and smooth into rounds. cover with a damp cloth and keep for at least 15 minutes.
- Roll the balls into flat ovals or rounds. you can also flatten them by slapping them between your palm - as experts do, stretching and pulling with your hands when required.
- Smear the surface with water and sprinkle with onion seeds. grease a baking tray and bake the naans in a pre-heated oven for about 5 minutes. better still is to grill them, if your grill has elements both above and below.
- If you have a tandoor, wet one side of the naan with water and stick it to the walls of the tandoor. you can also stick it to a hot griddle and turn the griddle upside down over the flame. the naan will fall off when cooked.
- Brush the hot naan with butter or ghee and serve.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.