Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7690 times
Mysore rasam brings of a spicy and delicious spicy variation to the traditionally tangy rasam recipe. The choice of herbs, a paste comprising of coconut, red chillies and pepper corns and tamarind pulp makes this Mysore rasam a zesty recipe. Relish a soup pr with steamed rice.
- Soak the tamrind in water and extract the tamrind juice.
- In the tamrind juice, add tomato, salt and turmeric powder and allow to boil till the raw smell of the tamrind is lost.
- Meanwhile, in 1 tsp. oil, fry the coriander seeds, chana dal, pepper corns, red chillies and cloves till pink in colour.
- Grind the above fried ingredients along with coconut to form a smooth paste.
- After the tamrind juice has been boiled, add the paste, cooked tuvar dal and curry leaves and allow to boil for a few seconds.
- Heat oil, allow mustard seeds to crackle, add hing and season the rasam.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by vsucharitha on 09 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.