Mysore Pak / Gram Flour Cake
by Pooja Nadkarni
This recipe has been viewed 2119 times
Mysore Pak was first prepared for the King of Mysore (City of Karnataka, India) and was called as ‘Mysore Paka’. Paka in Kannada means a sweet concoction. It was made using gram flour(besan)ghee and sugar. Now this sweet is prepare everywhere in India during festival like Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi, Navratri. It is said to be one of the toughest Indian Sweet recipe but here I am going to show you how easy it to prepare. Plus the time required is very less for this .
- Mix besan and 2 tbsp oil in a deep bowl and sieve it using strainer to remove any lumps.
- Take Sugar in a heavy bottom pan, add water and mix well.
- Cook on medium high flame until it reaches 1 string consistency.This will take about 2 minutes. Lower the flame.
- In the meantime, in the other vessel boil ghee and oil together on high heat. This will take around a minute.
- Make sure that it is very hot. Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the besan in sugar syrup little at a time, stirring continuously to make sure that no lumps are formed.
- Once you see small bubbles in besan , that means it is time to pour in hot oil-ghee mixture.
- Pour oil-ghee mixture one laddle at a time in the besan while stiring continuously. Cook till mixture becomes frothy and oil separates.
- When you see that besan is changing color slightly, immediately pour it into a square pan.
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Then make slight cuts with knife. Do not yet remove them out till it hardens up.
- After 30 Minutes or after it has cooled completely remove the pieces and serve or store in an air tight container.
This recipe was contributed by Pooja Nadkarni on 20 Nov 2015Hi,
My name is Pooja and I am housewife. I love to cook and try out different recipes. Also I love ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.