Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7126 times
Find a simple way of making mysore mithai, a very popular South Indian sweet dish. Delicious mysore mithai or as commonly referred to as mysore pak is a delicacy dessert available in the sweet shops but now can be easily prepared at home with this quick mysore pak recipe. Loaded with ghee, sugar and crushed dried fruits, elaichi, the mysore pak taste heavenly.
- Mix all the ingredients (except fresh cream and essence) in a thick bottom kadai and heat on a low fire, stirring continuously. ensure that the mixture does not stick to the sides of the kadai.
- When the mixture is still in a semi-solid consistency, add cream and essence and mix well.
- Remove from fire immediately.
- Transfer the mixture onto a well greased plate and roll it out evenly with the help of a rolling pin.
- Cut into diamond shaped pieces while still warm.
- Garnish with almond cashew pieces as desired.
This recipe was contributed by foodmaniac on 05 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.