Mysore Masala Dosa with Green Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 282 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 93546 times
Traditionally, Mysore Masala Dosa is made by smearing dosas with a special Mysore chutney that is sweet, tangy, spicy and garlicky, and then stuffing it with delectable Potato Bhaji.
Here, we have modified the recipe slightly, featuring a zesty Green Chutney instead of the traditional red one. The green chutney gives the Masala Dosa the fresh touch of coriander. Coconut gives the chutney a rich texture, while spinach makes the green all the more vibrant!
The Potato Bhaji as always is the highlight of the Mysore Masala Dosa with Green Chutney. The awesome softness of boiled potatoes and the peppy flavour of onion and green chillies make the stuffing a top class value-add to the dosas. Serve the Mysore Masala Dosa with Green Chutney immediately on preparation.
You can try other sumptuous and tasty dosas like Palak Cheese Dosa , Mexican Dosa , Paneer Chilly Dosa and Jini Dosa
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add urad dal and mustard seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the curry leaves, green chillies and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the onions and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while mashing it with the back of a spoon.
- Add the coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the potato bhaji into 6 equal portions.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear little oil over it and along the edges and cook on medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour.
- Spread 2 tsp of the prepared green chutney and spread it evenly over it. Cook it on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Place a portion of the prepared potato bhaji in the center and fold the dosa from 2 sides and press gently.
- Serve immediately with sambhar.
Nutrient values per dosa
|Vitamin A||283 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||8.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||11 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.