Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7712 times
The muthia is a healthy gujarati side dish or snack item which is prepared by steaming the dough roll (muthia). The dough comprises of besan or gram flour and the muthia are simmered in a curd based spicy kadhi or gravy. Low in calories and rich in fiber and nutrients, muthiya is simple and quite delicious.
- Combine the spinach and fenugreek leaves with 1 teaspoon of salt and keep aside for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the water and place the spinach and fenugreek leaves in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead into a soft dough, adding 1 to 2 tbsp of water if required.
- Apply a little oil on your hands and divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a cylindrical roll approximately 150 mm. (6") length and 25 mm. (1") in diameter.
- Place 2 rolls in a greased shallow glass dish and cover wit a lid and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 1 minute.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Repeat step 5 to steam 2 more rolls and cut into 12 mm. (1/2") slices and keep aside.
- To prepare the tempering, heat the oil in a large pan and add the sesame seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sliced muthias, toss well and saute on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes till they are lightly browned.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 10 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.