Mustard Masala Jackfruit
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43483 times
The Mustard Masala Jackfruit is a spicy preparation that totally masks the raw flavour of jackfruit and turns it into a fiery, tongue-tickling delicacy!
A must-try for spice lovers, this recipe flavours raw jackfruit with a special masala of mustard and red chillies. It is the mustard that gives this dish its characteristic taste, which is not just spicy but pungent in a unique way.
It leaves your palate warm with the heat of the chillies and mustard. Although simple and traditional, the tempering of mustard seeds and urad adds a rich aroma and nice crunch to this flavour-packed treat.
Enjoy it with rice or rotis . You can also have a go at other jackfruit recipes like Jackfruit Curry and Kathal ki Subzi .
- Boil 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the jackfruit, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cover with the lid and cook on medium flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain and discard the water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the urad dal, dry kashmiri red chilli and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the ground masala paste, mix well and cook on medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the jackfruit and ¼ cup of water and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||52.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.