by Anupama Murali
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4872 times
Smells delicious when u pour a tsp of ghee at the end, but wgt watchers can avoid.
i had it with mango achar once, and it was wonderful, do try that once.
Add your private note
Mushroom pulav recipe - How to make Mushroom pulav
Cooking Time: Total Time:
basmati rice - 2 cups
water 4 cups
mushrooms - 1 cup sliced
peas - 1 cup
onion 2 medium, sliced.
green chillies - 2 nos slit
ginger garlic paste - 2 tsps
cinnamon 2" stick
cloves - 4
bay leaf - 1
black cumin seeds - 1 tsp
saunf - 1 tsp
red chilly pwdr - 1 tsp
dhaniya pwdr - 1 tsp(can also use biryani/pulav masala optional)
turmeric pwdr - 1/2 tsp salt to taste
oil 1 tblsp
cashewnus 5 nos, fried in ghee
coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Wash rice, drain and keep aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil, add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, saunf, bay leaf, cumin seeds and let the seeds crackle.
- Add green chillies and fry for a minute
- Add onions, turmeric powder and fry till they become transparent
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the aroma comes out.
- Now add peas and mushrooms and fry for 3 mins on medium flame.
- Now add rice, red chilly powder, dhaniya powder and fry a little.
- Add 4 cups of water(3 cups in case of pressure cooker)
- Add salt and close the lid.
- Let it cook on medium flame for 20 mins(switch of the stove after 2 whistles in case of pressure cooker)
- Garnish with fried cashewnuts and coriander leaves and serve hot with khadi, curd, raita, curry, etc....
This recipe was contributed by Anupama Murali on 20 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.