Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3639 times
Add your private note
Mushroom masala recipe - How to make Mushroom masala
Cooking Time: Total Time:
1.Mushrooms - 200 gms
2.Onion - 1 cup (chopped finely)
3.Oil - 2 tbsp
4.Salt - as per taste
5.Curry Leaves - 5-6
6.Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
7.Coriander leaves - for garnish
8.Garam Masala - 1 tsp
For the paste:
1.Fresh grated coconut - 2 tbsp
2.Coriander seed powder - 2 tsp
3.Chilli powder - 1 tsp
4.Garlic - 4 - 6 Flakes
5. GInger - 1" piece
6.Tomato - 1/2 cup
- 1.parboil the mushrooms.
- 2.make a paste of the ingredients mentioned above.
- 1.heat oil in a pan.add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- 2.after they start spluttering,add onions and saute for 3-4 mins.
- 3.add the ground paste and stir fry till it turns light brown.
- 4.now add 11/2 cups of water,salt and mushrooms and cook for 6-8 mins.
- 5.garnish with coriander leaves.serve hot with roti or rice.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#391210 on 16 Nov 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.