Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1644 times
Add your private note
Mushroom fry recipe - How to make Mushroom fry
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Mushrooms(Button) - 25 nos
Onion(medium) - 1 no
Garlic pods - 3 nos
Green chilly pepper - 1 - 2 nos
Red chilly powder - 1 tsp or as reqd
Turmeric powder - A pinch
Salt - As reqd
Oil - 3 tsp
- 1)clean the mushrooms with a paper towel and slice them.
- :- do not wash the store-bought mushrooms in water as they get water logged.
- 2)slice the onion to ¼ inch thin slices. thinly slice the garlic and cut the green chilly pepper into round thin slices.
- 3)heat oil in a saucepan.
- 4)when it is warm, add the sliced onion and sauté till the slices become transparent.
- 5)add garlic and chilly pepper slices and mix the contents. let it heat up for 2 minutes.
- 6)add red chilly powder and turmeric and mix well.
- 7)add required amount of salt, cover and cook them for a minute or two.
- 8)add the sliced mushrooms to this and mix well.
- 9)cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- 10)remove the cover and let it get fried by stirring the contents occasionally(5 -6 minutes).
- 11) when the oil starts to sizzle around the mushroom slices, it is done.
- :- serve with rice.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#439093 on 17 Feb 2009
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.