by Anupama Murali
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1969 times
If more sour taste is needed, u can add few more tomatoes, or add one seedless kokum soaked in warm water.
optional : add paste of 1/4 cup of grated coconut with 1 tsp cumin seeds immediately after adding the mushrooms and cook till the mushrooms are done.
Add your private note
Mushroom curry recipe - How to make Mushroom curry
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Mushrooms - 5 or 6 medium size, cut into 4
onions - 2 medium
tomato - 1 medium2 green chillies
ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
red chilly powder - 1 tsp1 tsp garam masala salt to taste
turmeric pwdr - 1/2 tsp
oil 1 tblsp
cinnamon - 1" stick
cloves - 4
saunf - 1 tsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
curry leaves - 1 strings
coriander leaves - 2 strings
- Grind to paste onions and tomato seperately and keep aside.
- In a kadai, heat very little oil and fry mushrooms for a minute and keep aside.
- Same kadai, heat the remaining oil and add all the whole garam masalas and cumin seeds, as the seeds crackle, add curry leaves and green chillies fry for a minute.
- Now add onion paste and turmeric powder and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and fry till the aroma comes out.
- Add tomato paste & cook till the oil seperates.
- Add red chilly powder, garam masala, salt and mix well, add the fried mushrooms
- Close and cook till the mushrooms are tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves,
- Serve hot with rotis, parathas, or rice...
This recipe was contributed by Anupama Murali on 20 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.