by BETHICA DAS
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5219 times
This is a vegetarian version of the famous goan dish. I tried it with mushroom. It is a spicy dish cooked with a paste of red chillies, peppercorns, vinegar, cardamoms and other spices.
- Grind the peppercorns, dry red chillies, cardamoms, garlic and cummin seeds with the vinegar into a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions and curry leaves till light brown.
- Now add the ground paste and turmeric powder and saute till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the mushroom, salt and 1 cup water and cook, covered till the moisture is reduced and done.
- Serve, garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by BETHICA DAS on 09 May 2013HI, I AM BETHICA DAS, LIVING IN SHARJAH WITH MY HUSBAND, PIJUSH DAS, WHO IS A SENIOR LECTURER AT A B...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.