by Tarla Dalal
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88266 times
Mushroom Soup, an all-time favourite, becomes all the more desirable with the addition of oregano. With crunchy mushrooms, this soup is a winner in terms of flavour and texture.
Moreover, in a low-fat format, it becomes a hit with weight-watchers and health-conscious people too. This oil-free soup is thickened using a mixture of low-fat milk and little cornflour, ensuring that it is low in calories. Enjoy this delightful soup fresh and hot accompanied with a healthy Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll .
- Combine the mushrooms and milk in a deep non-stick pan , mix well and cook on a high flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and milk in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan, add the prepared smooth paste, mushrooms and 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, oregano and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes or till the mixture slightly thickens, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.