Mushroom Soup By shuru
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3992 times
Recreate the magical and creamy mushroom soup at home with this simple soup recipe. The mushrooms are blended well with select seasonings, onions and garnished with chopped cilantro. An amazing soup recipe to beat the winter blues.
Add your private note
Mushroom Soup By shuru recipe - How to make Mushroom Soup By shuru
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Clean and wash the mushrooms. slice four to five pieces. roughly chop the remaining mushrooms and onions.
- Boil milk alongwith bay leaves, peppercorns and cloves.
- Strain and keep the milk. in a pan melt the butter.
- Add chopped onions and chopped mushrooms and cook till they are soft.
- Add the flour and sauté till there is no raw flavour coming from flour, taking care that the flour does not get burnt.
- Pour the milk slowly and stir continuously to avoid lumps from forming. cook for five minutes. puree the mixture when a little cold.
- (note: do not puree it to a very thin consistency.)
- The soup should have a smooth texture. bring it to a boil, correct the consistency by adding more milk if required. add the cream (reserving a little for garnish), salt, pepper powder and nutmeg powder. stir well, serve hot, garnished with mushroom slices and cream.
This recipe was contributed by shuru on 15 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.