Mushroom Lentil Kadhi
by Foodie #514071
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5070 times
A delicious kadhi recipe with the combination of aromatic coriander leaves and mushrooms.
Add your private note
Mushroom Lentil Kadhi recipe - How to make Mushroom Lentil Kadhi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 5 serving
- Blend lentil in a mixer or a blender with few drops of water to form a thick paste. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together curds with salt and water.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add cumin seeds,cloves along with asafoetida and mustard seeds. Once they start to crackle and change its colour, stir in the garlic.
- Add mushrooms, red chili powder and turmeric powder with few drops of water. Cook on medium flame until the gravy thickens.
- Stir in the beaten curd mixture along with the blended lentil and curry leaves. Cook the mixture while stirring continuously till it comes to a boil.
- Now, stir in the green chilies and cook for another 5 -6 minutes until the kadhi thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander leaves.
- Top with sliced green chilies and serve hot with boiled rice.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #514071 on 16 May 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.