Mushroom Curry ( Cooking Under 10 Minutes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 433 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 181692 times
Cubed mushrooms cooked in masaledar Indian style with onions, ginger, chillies, tomato puree and spice powders including the peppy garam masala! Half a cup of curd gives a creamy texture to the gravy while dry fenugreek leaves imparts a rich flavour, making the Mushroom Curry a real tongue-tickler. Everything about this recipe is perfect including the simple garnish of coriander, which lends a quick burst of flavour and aroma to the curry just before serving.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add cumin seeds and kashmiri chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onion paste and dried fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the curds, salt, ½ cup of water, mushrooms and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the mushrooms are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Mushroom Curry Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||263.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||26.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.