Mushroom Croustadas ( Healthy Starter Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16860 times
Lose yourself in this low-cal caribbean starter of wheat buns stuffed with a striking combo of mushrooms and spring onions. Though made of very simple ingredients, the outcome tastes amazing and healthy, with ample iron, fibre and vitamin c.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, soya sauce, milk, cornflour-water paste, salt and pepper and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the mixture dries up.
- Divide the filling into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut each hot dog bun diagonally into 4 thick slices.
- Scoop each slice so as to form a cavity and brush it evenly with a little oil.
- Place the bread slices on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 3 to 4 minutes or till they light brown and crisp.
- Stuff each bread slice with a portion of the filling and again bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per croustada
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.