Murungai Keerai Poriyal
This recipe has been viewed 18125 times
- Discard all the stalks, just use only the leaves, little consuming but that's how it goes.
- While doing that strenuous job, soak the toovar dal in some water for ½ hour atleast. When done boil the dal in little water until its soft but firm on a medium flame for approx. 10 minutes..
- Wash the drumstick leaves and chop them finely.
- In a kadai, add oil and temper with mustard, cumin, split black gram, dry red chili and asafoetida powder.
- Add chopped onion and garlic, sauté for some time and then add the chopped leaves. Sauté until the leaves shred the water and wilt.
- When the leaves are tender, add the cooked toovar dal and salt and mix well
- Garnish it with shredded coconut and remove from the flame.
- Serve hot with rice, rasam and potato curry.
This recipe was contributed by shalinivenkatesh on 01 Apr 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.