Multi Daal Dosa
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7692 times
A scrumptious snack recipe. . Made using combination of different dals.
- Wash and soak rice and all the dals in enough water for 6 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the soaked daals and rice and blend in a mixer into a smooth batter.
- Cover and keep aside to ferment for 6 hours or overnight. Keep aside.
- Combine the coconut, curry leaves, peppercorns, green chillies, ginger and garlic and blend in a mixer into a coarse paste.
- Add this paste to the fermented dosa batter, add the salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds,cumin seeds, crushed coriander seeds and asafoedita.
- When the seeds crackle, pour this tempering into the dosa mixture and mix well.
- Heat a tava and grease it with ghee and pour the spoon full of batter on the tava and spread it in a circular motion.
- Cook on both the sides till it is crispy, using a little oil or ghee.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more dosas.
- Serve with mint chutney or mango pickle.
This recipe was contributed by MOONBEAMS on 10 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.