Mukhwas (kankari Ajwain)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25756 times
Almonds and gaund are foods that help to increase the production of milk. This mixture is traditionally made for lactating mothers and is supposed to be had once or twice a day to help relieve you from digestive problems like gas or flatulence. All the ingredients have therapeutic properties and so even if you don't much care for its taste, have it like medicine or as mouth freshener.
- Heat the ghee, add the gaund pieces and sauté till they puff up.
- Add the ajwain, fennel seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, almonds and dry coconut and sauté over a slow flame till all the ingredients release their aroma.
- Allow to cool completely and break down the gaund to smaller pieces.
- Add the sugar and salt and mix well.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- You can have 2 teaspoons of this mixture after lunch and dinner while you are lactating.
Nutrient values for 2 teaspoons
|Amt|| 8 gm|
|Energy|| 45 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.7 gm|
|Cho|| 3.3 gm|
|Fat|| 3.3 gm|
|Vit-A|| 11.4 mcg|
|Vit-C|| 0.1 mg|
|Calcium|| 30.2 mg|
|Iron|| 0.4 mg|
|F.Acid|| 0.2 mcg|
|Fibre|| 0.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.