by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11990 times
The magic touch of the Mughals transforms tofu into a royal treat! The white paste is the key ingredient of this delicacy as it imparts the required taste and rich texture. Make sure you soak the seeds in warm water as it softens and forms a smooth paste on grinding. You can also make white paste using Cashewnuts, poppy seeds and watermelon seeds if you do not like onions. The spices and pastes used are unique to this gravy... so, go ahead and enjoy this rich treat!
- Combine the onions, poppy seeds, watermelon seeds and ½ cup water together in a pan and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or till they become soft.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- When cool, blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the soya oil in a kadhai, add the white paste and green chilli and sauté till the paste turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the chilli powder, fennel seeds powder, cardamom powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook for 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the tofu, green peas, carrots, cream and ¾ cup of water, mix well and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.