Mthi Baingan Aalu Tamatar
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7714 times
A simple, healthy and yet so tasteful vegetable recipe, methi baingan aloo tamatar has the aloos which are stir fried with masalas and then cooked with baigan or brinjal, methi leaves and chopped tomatoes. A suitably spiced up mixed vegetable recipe, the methi baigan aloo tamatar taste superb.
- Cut the brinjal longitudinally into half and then cut each of the halves longitudinally again. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the potatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the powdered masalas, mix well and saute for 3 minutes. Add the baingan, methi leaves and salt, mix well and cover and cook for for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid, saute for sometime and add the chopped tomatoes, and cover the lid again and cook till the all the vegetables are completely cooked.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by lakshya8 on 10 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.