This recipe has been viewed 1468 times
A traditional and unique dosa recipe, Moru dosa is soft and made from plain flour. A nice variation to the typical crisp dosas, the moru dosa is easy to prepare and traditionally enjoyed with coconut chutney.
Add your private note
Moru Dosa recipe - How to make Moru Dosa
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Grind the coconut, green chillies and sugar with a little water to make a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, coconut mixture, salt and 3/4 cup of water and whisk well to make a smooth batter.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the oil in a small bowl and adding the mustard seeds. when they crackle, add the curry leaves.
- Pour this tempering over the batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava on a medium flame till hot and grease it lightly with oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava and spread it to get a dosa of 2 mm. thickness.
- Smear a little oil from the sides and cook the dosa on a medium flame till evenly browned on one side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by n2001r on 11 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.