Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2265 times
Morkoozh is a traditional dish of finely blended rice mixed with chana dal, urad dal and green chillies.
- Soak rice for 2 hours and grind it to a fine paste like idly.
- Pour some sour curd and add salt and mix.
- Keep it aside for a day to get it sour.
- After a day, pour some oil in a pan and crackle some mustard, urud dal, chana dal, green chillies and asafoetida.
- Now pour the paste and stir untill the paste becomes hard like modakams. there sould not be any lumps formed.
- Add a tsp of groundnut oil and pour it in a plate.
- Cool and cut into squares.
This recipe was contributed by shuba18 on 04 Dec 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.