Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3319 times
Morkootan is a south indian mixed vegetable recipe with moru which means curd or buttermilk. The vegetables are simmered in a spicy thin curd based gravy and enjoyed traditionally with steamed rice.
- Combine the coconut paste and buttermilk, whisk well and keep aside.
- Cook the vegetables with enough water, adding turmeric powder and salt in a deep pan till the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the vegetables to the buttermilk, mix well and cook till it just starts boiling.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the oil a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal and green chillies and saute till the dal turns golden brown.
- Add this to the buttermilk and mix well.
- Serve hot with cooked rice.
This recipe was contributed by lakshya8 on 10 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.