This recipe has been viewed 4633 times
Mor kuzhambu is a tamil cuisine special vegetable recipe with ash gourd or white pumpkin cooked with coconut, tamarind water and buttermilk. Relish the spicy kuzhambu with steamed rice and roasted papads.
- Heat a tava and dry roast the methi seeds until they turn golden brown.
- Add this to the soaked chana dal, mix well.
- Combine the cumin seeds, coconut, green chillies, soaked chana dal, methi seeds and tamarind paste and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Whisk the curds with water and add the rice flour and turmeric powder and whisk well.
- Heat oil in a pan and the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the whipped mixture, while stirring continuously and cook till the mixture becomes thick. Add the ground paste and curry leaves and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by shubaraj on 10 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.