Moongfali ( Groundnut) Potato Vegetable
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 188 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30522 times
Peanuts complement the potatoes well by lending a good flavour as well as texture to the moongfali potato vegetable. A traditional tempering of til and jeera spread whiffs of their taunting aroma through the house, while the lemon juice though small in amount adds a much required tang to this preparation.
- Soak the peanuts in a bowl with enough warm water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain, add enough water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Drain again and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the potatoes and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in the same pan and add the sesame seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle , add the peanuts, green chillies, asafoetida, lemon juice, potatoes, sugar, salt, turmeric powder and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||125.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.