Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9286 times
Learn the authentic recipe for the traditional moong dal curry and enjoy the moong dal with steamed rice. The spicy and delectable lentil curry is quite simple and quick to prepare.
- Clean and wash the moong dal.
- Combine the moong dal with all the ingredients in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and whisk the dal lightly.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan add the cinnamon, cardamon, bay leaf and cloves and saute for few seconds.
- Add this tempering to the dal and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by sivashanmugam on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.